Happy Scribe Reviews& Product Details
What is Happy Scribe?
Happy Scribe is an online transcription software that helps podcasters, video editors, journalists, and researchers to convert their video and audio files into text documents in a central place. One amazing thing you can do to make your audio or video marketing strategy excellent is to add subtitles and transcriptions. With subtitles and transcriptions, your audience can easily comprehend your video and audio even when they watch it on mute. Thus, you should use simple transcription software like Happy Scribe to automate subtitling and transcribing.
Found in these Categories
- Small Business
- Medium Business
- Large Enterprise
- Non-profit Organization
- Cloud, SaaS, Web-Based
- Mobile - Android
- Mobile - iPhone
- Mobile - iPad
- Desktop - Mac
- Desktop - Windows
- Desktop - Linux
- Desktop - Chromebook
- On-Premise - Windows
- On-Premise - Linux
Happy Scribe Ltd.
Pricing Model: Subscription
- Free Trial
- Free Version
HappyScribe has a free version and a free trial. Happy Scribe pricing is based on the number of hours used. That is, you pay as you go. Therefore, you don’t have to pay annual or monthly fees. You only make payment based on the length of your videos. Moreover, students get a 25% discount. For Human-made transcription, with a 99% accuracy, the cost will be $2/minute.See Happy Scribe Coupons
- Artificial Intelligence
- Audio/Video Upload
- Collaborative Editing
- File Sharing
- Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Multi-Language Support
- Speech Recognition
- Text Editing
- Automatic Transcription
- Playback Controls
- Full Text Search
- API Integration
- Import from Other Platforms
- Machine Translation
- Multiple Export Formats
- No Uploads Limit
- Speech-to-Text Analysis
With Happy Scribe, you can either automatically transcribe your files or use their professional transcription service to convert your audio to text. So, while the automatic transcription service uses speech recognition software to convert your audio to text with an accuracy of up to eighty-five percent & will transcribe your video and audio files within a few minutes, the Happy Scribe professional transcription service has a team of professional transcriptionists to transcribe your file. Thus, when next you want to transcribe your audio files or add subtitles to your video, do well to use Happy Scribe.
How to use Happy Scribe?
Happy Scribe transcription software is very easy to use. Before using a transcription service, you don’t need to have prior experience. This transcription platform is perfect for researchers, podcasters, transcribers, journalists, video editors, and students. Even businesses and solopreneurs that use video marketing tactics like online courses and webinars can use it.
To create a transcription on Happy Scribe, follow these steps:
- First, click “Upload a new file.” After clicking it, you will be asked if you want to create a transcription or subtitles. Select transcription.
- Then, it will ask you about the audio quality you uploaded. It does this to ensure that the file is simple to transcribe. The clearer it is, the easier it is for Happy Scribe to transcribe it, and you won’t spend much time correcting errors.
- Go ahead to upload the file from your device or import it from one of the services. You can also copy and paste the video URL. You must know that importing or uploading takes a while, based on the size.
- When your audio or video file finally uploads, you can choose the language desired and whether you want automatic transcription. Or maybe you would like the help of a professional. You can also select if you want HappyScribe to use words and phrases from “my vocabulary.”
- After doing that, Click the “Transcribe” button after uploading the file or turning on auto-submit.
- Once the dashboard has opened, you can see how the project progresses. Upon completion, you will see the “Done” message and a tick mark. A confirmation email will typically follow.
- To view the transcription, click on the transcription from your dashboard. An editor will open where you can see the transcript.
- The text you see in red is the one that HappyScribe feels didn’t get translated correctly. Ensure you read through everything and correct the errors, but pay close attention to the parts that are in red.
- When fixing the errors, click on share, and share the URL or the embed code. You can download the transcribed audio file by clicking “Download.”
Details of HappyScribe Features
A lot of features make Happy Scribe a useful program. The following are some of its best features.
Available in over 119 languages
If you use the HappyScribe transcription service, you will almost not have a language barrier because it has over 119 languages that you can transcribe into. The beautiful thing about it is that the available languages are widely spoken, and you can choose a language based on its unique dialect. For instance, you have dialects like India, Ghana, the United Kingdom, and United States for English. For French, you can select Belgium, Canada, or France. All these features are to make sure you get the best transcriptions.
Fast subtitling and transcribing
Another amazing feature that HappyScribe has is the fast subtitling and transcribing feature. It can quickly analyze your videos or audio files and convert them to text. After that, you can decide if you want a transcript or subtitles. Also, you can either upload the file or copy and paste the URL if it is already on a video platform.
Moreover, you are free to import files from Wista, Google Drive, YouTube, Dropbox, and Vimeo. Although uploading your file can take a while based on how big your file is, subtitling and transcription are quite easy to do immediately when you hit the submit button.
HappyScribe has a proofreading helper feature highlighting areas it had issues translating accurately. You can make use of this feature to correct errors quickly.
The subtitles and transcriptions appear on an interactive editor where you can make changes. For transcriptions, it is a simple editor. You can view the text, modify, and download it. The editor for subtitles is more advanced.
Sharing and collaborating
When you are done transcribing your file, you can share the transcript with anyone. You can permit people to edit it. When you grant that permission, anyone can edit it whether they have a Happy Scribe account or not. You can also share your transcribed file by creating an embeddable script. It’s SEO friendly and valuable to people that want to get their podcasts, videos, and other media to rank.
HappyScribe analyzes the audio and adds basic and advanced punctuation in the subtitles and transcriptions. You can use it as it is or make certain modifications.
Happy Scribe will identify your videos with multiple speakers and begin a new paragraph automatically. After that, you can later use the editor and include speaker names.
HappyScribe has a translation option that you use to translate both subtitles and transcriptions. It is a perfect tool for a global audience with different language preferences.
Hire a transcription expert
If you don’t want to proofread the text, you can decide to use their professional transcription service. You can go for this option before beginning the transcription process or after. Then, the real proofreader will proofread the text within one day. It costs €1.7 per minute.
HappyScribe Review Conclusions
The software allows journalists, researchers, podcasters, and video editors to transcribe audio and video files onto text documents on one website. In addition, using the platform, users can store proper nouns, acronyms, and other terminology in a customized vocabulary for future use.
Moreover, HappyScribe has a lot of amazing features that will interest you. For example, it has a punctuation functionality that automatically inserts commas, exclamation marks, full stops, commas, interrogation, and exclamation marks across the text.
This transcription platform creates new paragraphs based on speakers, adds subtitles, and allows administrators to include notes and edit transcripts in real-time. Based on our HappyScribe review, users can save files using TLS, HTTPS, PCI DSS, and ISO. You can also share these files with internal or external stakeholders to collaborate on different projects. HappyScribe transcription software is one of the best tools if you need a transcription service.