LinearB Reviews& Product Details
What is LinearB?
LinearB is a SaaS solution that enables business leaders, developer teams, and CTOs to visualize projects and automate them to improve productivity. LinearB takes a different approach to identify project flaws and improving them. Firstly, you get tons of metrics with LinearB. But, LinearB takes those metrics and provides meaningful answers to solve problems for your development team. In short, LinearB defines itself as a “systematic approach” to “engineering improvements.” It adds visibility to the whole system, allowing leaders to take control of their projects in the best possible way.
In the end, you can use the pillars to optimize your product development. For example, using the tools, you can find the project’s idle time and cut it down significantly. Teams can use LinearB to find the bottlenecks and remove them to improve delivery time. In return, developers enjoy a better working environment with reduced cognitive load.
WorkerB – LinearB’s automation bot plays a crucial role in automating projects. It works with Slack and Microsoft Teams. Using WorkerB, you can configure performance alerts, put a snooze button on commands and bring it to your communication channel. Teams can also use Project Delivery Tracker to answer their project questions. It comes with multiple boards, different issue types, and configurable reports. Overall, LinearB is a perfect tool for startups, unicorns, and the development team looking to remove bottlenecks and improve time to market.
Found in these Categories
- Small Business
- Medium Business
- Large Enterprise
- Non-profit Organization
- Cloud, SaaS, Web-Based
- Mobile - Android
- Mobile - iPhone
- Mobile - iPad
- Desktop - Mac
- Desktop - Windows
- Desktop - Linux
- Desktop - Chromebook
- On-Premise - Windows
- On-Premise - Linux
Pricing Model: Subscription
- Free Trial
- Free Version
LinearB pricing starts from Free and grows with you - Pro & Enterprise. The LinearB Free version gives you access to one team, up to 8 contributors, up to 50 connected repos, and more.
- Ad hoc Reporting
- Analytics and Trends
- Historical Data Consolidation
- Key Performance Indicators
- Performance Metrics
- Resource Management
- Trend/Problem Indicators
- Visual Analytics
- Status Tracking
- Collaboration Tools
- Milestone Tracking
- Release Management
- Strategic Planning
LinearB vs. Similar Products
LinearB is a SaaS solution that systematically improves the engineering process. First, it enables engineering leads to improve their product development process by providing the three-pillar solution: business alignment, pipeline observability, and workflow optimization. Next, you access the project delivery tracker and workflow optimization using the WorkerB bot at the core. Also, LinearB comes with a free plan so that you can try it out before going for its Pro or Enterprise plans. In short, you can use LinearB offers metrics and visibility to identify bottlenecks, minimize idle time and improve time to market.
LinearB – Project Management for development teams
If you are a software development company or a startup looking to improve its software development process, you must look at LinearB. LinearB is project management for development teams that want to enhance their development process with systematic engineering improvement. So, LinearB is a software-as-a-service(SaaS) platform with automation features that works excellently with the Git repository.
At its core, LinearB utilizes a three-pillar system to achieve the desired result. These pillars include:
- Business alignment: You can learn about your team and see where they invest time and effort.
- Pipeline observability: Next comes pipeline observability. Here, you can learn about your processes and the areas that need improvement.
- Workflow optimization: Last is workflow optimization offers workflow automation and improves developers’ time and effort
Details of LinearB Features
LinearB is a Software as a Service (SaaS) solution that provides visibility to engineering leaders. On the other hand, engineering leaders can use visibility to improve developer productivity and deliver software faster. At its core, the features of LinearB are divided into the following categories:
- Workflow Optimization
- Metrics & Visibility
- Project Delivery Tracker
The three-pillar system includes:
- Pipeline observability
- Change automation
- Business alignment
Apart from these, there are more subtle features that LinearB offers. First, go through the three major categories and then list the more minute features later.
LinearB offers extensive workflow optimization. It enables developers to reduce cognitive load and hence save time. For Workflow optimization, they offer WorkerB – an adaptive developer bot that works excellently with Microsoft Teams and Slack. According to LinearB, 80% of the project time is idle time. And that’s where the WorkerB workflow optimization comes in by improving idle time and cutting it by 60%. In total, teams can expect to save 50 minutes every day! Furthermore, WorkerB works well with team improvement objectives by automating them using developer productivity tools.
With WorkerB, you can do the following:
- Configure preferences alert
- Works with slack channel
- Offers snooze button on commands
The benefits include:
- Cut down idle time
- Learn where your code lies within the pipeline
- Get started with good information every single day
Metrics and Visibility
With LinearB, you get tons of metrics at your disposal. The metrics provide project visibility and ensure you can visualize your project in the best possible way. The metrics also let you do the following:
- Fix process bottlenecks
- Visualize people efforts
- Improve project quality
- Monitor the project
The Metrics and Visibility also come with DORA (DevOps Research and Assessment organization) metrics. So these metrics are developed by hundreds of DevOps leaders and engineers and offer four key metrics at disposal:
- Change Failure Rate
- Mean Lead Time for Changes
- Deployment Frequency
- Mean Time to Recovery(MTTR)
In short, you can use the metrics and visibility to communicate effectively and reach your business goals.
Project Delivery Tracker
LinearB also offers Project Delivery Tracker, which lets you learn more about your project and answer the right questions. Also, the metrics and visibility work great with the WorkerB developer workflow. The Project Delivery Tracker lets you focus on people’s efforts, learn how to invest your time, and get your deliverables right within the time frame.
With Project Delivery Tracker, you can work on:
- Multiple boards
- Different issue types
- Work across different projects
- Configure reports as per your requirement
Other key feature of Project Delivery Tracker includes:
- Self-service configuration
- Expanded project view
- Excellent Project Delivery Dashboard for better visibility
With LinearB core functionalities explained, let’s explore their other key features below:
- Data Retention: Retain data throughout your usage. The data retention period depends on your plan, from 45 days for the free plan to six months for the Enterprise plan.
- Git Integration: All plans come with proper Git Integration. The Enterprise plan offers on-premise integration.
- Project Integration: Project integration lets you add your projects easily to the dashboard. The Enterprise plan offers on-premise integration.
- WorkerB for MS Teams and Slack: An automated bot that lets you improve workflow automation in your project. With it, you get the WorkerB team bot and WorkerB developer bot. In the WorkerB team bot, you can do bottleneck remediation, project idle time detector, and high-risk work detector. The WorkerB developer bot offers personal pipeline alerts, review time estimation, and pull request suggestions.
- Deployment Release API: The Enterprise plan comes with deployment release API, which lets you work with LinearB API and do integrations. It offers custom cycle time phases and custom release detection.
- Dora Metrics: Gain access to DORA metrics, including cycle time, mean time to restore, change failure rate and mean time to restore.
- Team Pipeline Acceleration: With Team Pipeline Acceleration, you get a code churn detector, bottleneck detector, burnout detector, and work-type investment profile. You can learn about your team and improve it with different detectors.
- Pulse Feature Tracker: With Pulse Feature Tracker, you can detect shadow work, understand issue bottlenecks and get a live Git activity timeline by issue.
Lastly, you get customer support. LinearB offers live chat and email support for the Pro and Enterprise plans. The Enterprise and Pro plan also access a dedicated customer success manager, and Slack/MS Teams support channel. However, only the Enterprise plan comes with customized onboarding and training.
LinearB Review Conclusions
To sum up, LinearB improves developers’ productivity by providing them with tools, metrics, and methods, resulting in faster delivery times, less idle time, and better output. It is crafted for engineering leaders who can control the pace of their projects with access to the right information. LinearB is a Software-as-a-Service(SaaS) solution with an on-premise deployment option for Git and Project Integration. Its ability to provide visibility and understand delivery risk and process bottlenecks enables developers to reduce cognitive load and save time.
As a business, startup, or unicorn, you can emphasize what LinearB offers. However, they also make clear that it is not for everyone. But, if you require a systematic approach to development, then LinearB is a great pick. In conclusion, with plenty of features and a free plan, you can see if it fits your organization and then go for any of its paid plans.