Do you spend hundreds of hours researching the best HR solution? Because from now on, you do not have to, we have consolidated a detailed review of one such software, which is an ultimate solution to all your HR management solutions. Namely is one of the most popular and widely used HR platforms that employees love to use. It is an all-in-one, well packages HR solution designed to be used by everyone and anyone. However, it is mainly made for mid-sized companies.
Pricing Model: Custom
No free trial
No free version
- Easy to learn
- User friendly
- Value for money
- International Payroll
- Limited Support
- Small business
- Medium business
- Large enterprises
- Cloud, SaaS, Web-Based
- Mobile - Android
- Mobile - iPhone
- Mobile - iPad
This Namely HR software
Namely, HR software is a full and web-based suite used to streamline HR workflows, including the payroll, benefits, management of talent system, and many more. All of these solutions are in one place. Although this review will look into the overall platform and reflect on the major stats, users can explore more about this tool. According to the statistics, 75% of the customers who use Namely say that this software has increased employee engagement. At the same time, several others say that this software has made them more productive and better at their work.
Let us dive right into the detailed review of Namely.
What is Namely?
Namely is an all-in-one and cloud-based Human Resource Management Solution (HRMS) with excellent features that have reimagined every HR function. It has a user-friendly platform, thus helping in various HR-related tasks, including payroll, benefits, and talent management. It is software designed and best suited for companies seeking a well-consolidated platform to configure and match their unique company infrastructure.
How to use Namely?
Namely’s implementation process is straightforward to use. The process consists of setting a launch date and then importing the data. After this step, users can start configuring the processes along with the pieces of training. Namely also has Android and iOS apps that can be accessed on the go by its users.
Who can use Namely?
Namely aims to help all types of organizations ease their HR, payroll, and talent management. It is mainly used by organizations with approximately 50-100 employees and generates around 10M-50 M dollars. In addition, it is widely used in a few exciting companies in media, technology, e-commerce, and many more.
Is Namely cloud-based?
Yes, Namely is a cloud-based HR system software. This is one of the features that make it stand out among its competitors. A cloud-based HR platform gives better visibility into company demographics, diversity metrics, and salary data through visual reports and dashboards.
What is Namely HRIS?
Namely is an HRIS (Human Resource Information System) that consolidates all the HR and employees’ needs in one platform. It ensures that everything by an organization gets delivered by taking complete care of employee healthcare provision and insurance. Manage onboarding, monitor existing employees, and align goals. The social news feed feature serves as a motivational and collaborative communication tool for your team. In addition to a full payroll system, benefits administration, and talent management features, Namely offer a core HR system comprising employee profiles, organizational charts, time-off tracking and approvals, task and document management, along with custom reporting capabilities.
Namely, the software offers various features and tools in almost all the areas of Human Resource Management: Modern HR, Payroll, Benefits, and Talent Management. We have listed these in detail below:
It’s a flexible and user-friendly database that helps organizations to keep all of their employee information in one place. This makes this software easily accessible. The functions that come under this umbrella are:
- Allows the users to create employee profiles that help in easily storing and searching the data.
- Creation of team and org charts to have full visibility on the company’s hierarchy further helps analyze team metrics and performance.
- Users can easily manage time-off tracking like PTO via automating tools to help track requests per company policies.
- The Social Newsfeed feature helps in ensuring better employee engagement.
- Namely’s intuitive Calendar feature can help sync apps like Outlook, Google, or iCal in one application itself.
This is another end-to-end feature that users can fully integrate with HR data. This tool includes the following:
- Easy Tax filing and Compliance, also make sure to calculate deposits and file payroll taxes to ensure that the company stays compliant.
- This feature also helps with Payroll Reporting to give an overview of payroll costs and then incorporate the data collected in Human Capital Management (HCM) reports.
- Namely also offers a Managed Payroll service specially designed to remove the burden associated with day-to-day activities related to payroll administration.
- It also helps in ensuring proper Time Management. For example, it helps managers track leave approvals, overtime reports, exceptions.
Another comprehensive service that provides companies with numerous benefits to secure the most competitive rates and offerings. Additionally, Namely’s benefits administration technology enables HR professionals to easily configure benefits plans, manage open enrollment and life event changes, and automatically sync data with carriers and payroll. Some key benefits features are:
- Simple Document Distribution – Easily share documents with your employees that will help guide them to make the best decisions.
- Automatic Enrolment – Make enrolment simple by using electronic data interchange (EDI) feeds.
- Paperless Documents – Improve the employee experience and ensure no critical information gets lost by keeping electronic documents.
The Talent Management
The team behind designed this feature, Namely for the overall growth of the company. The dashboard feature makes sure that it is easy to keep communication open between the employee and the employer. It includes the following features:
- Users can do the onboarding of employees using paperless tools like eSignature, thus resulting in a streamlined process.
- Users can efficiently align goals through Cascading Goals feature.
- This service also takes care of 360-degree performance reviews of the employees.
- You can also assign certain competencies to specific job titles for easy skill assessment and individual succession planning.
Namely is a little sensitive about its pricing plans. They have not listed anything on their website in terms of the subscription plans. Customer pricing is available on the request, and they also provide some demo services. All of these depend entirely on the type of package you are trying to choose. Alternatively, one can also email the team to get the quote on the Namely payroll pricing.
How much does Namely cost?
As per our sources and industry standards, we suggest pricing lies between $15-$30 per month per employee, depending on the needs and the kind of features one is planning to opt for. In addition, they also charge a one-time implementation fee of $50-$80 per employee.
The Namely ecosystem includes powerful integrations with market-leading applicant tracking, identity management, ERP, compliance, E-Verify solutions, and more. Serving more than 1,400 clients with 230,000 employees globally, the company is backed by leading investors, including Altimeter Capital, GGV Capital, Matrix Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Sequoia Capital, Tenaya Capital, and True Ventures.
It also provides an API (Application Program Interface) that allows users to integrate the data collected via internal applications and more. In addition to the same, it has a pre-configured online repository of e-books, videos, and other useful content that users can avail of as per their requirements.
While Namely is an excellent HR solution, it might not be the one best suited for your business needs. Hence, we have also reviewed other options that offer something that Namely doesn’t, like the comprehensive time and attendance module feature that can help organizations manage freelance workers. For example, Time and attendance is a key human resource function, and Namely lacks this feature, which on the other hand its alternatives offers to its users. Therefore, we have listed down a few of the best alternatives for Namely:
- Zoho People
Namely HR Review Conclusion
The nature of the work is changing rapidly, and hence all the organizations are moving towards software solutions that can help keep them up to date with all these changes. Whether it is the company’s culture, the size of the organization, or both, HR people need flexible technologies and can scale up to the needs of their businesses. Namely’s modern HR platform is the ultimate answer for all the needs. Namely helps you streamline and automate the onboarding process, making sure that you provide a good first impression of your company and that you’re compliant with all the relevant legislation.
The idea behind their philosophy is straightforward. They help in building better workplaces.